The Quantum Access compute stick developed by Quantum Suppliers is a super Hot Buy. It is designed off of one of my favorite compute sticks, which means it is simply re-branded like the MeLe PCG01 compute Stick which you can read my review on by clicking here. There is not much more to this device that I haven’t already stated in the previous review, but I will go ahead and list the full specs, features, and pros and cons in my review of the Quantum Access Compute Stick.
- Windows 8.1 with Bing installed. It will qualify for a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 when it is released on July 29th, 2015.
- Quad Core Intel Atom Z3735F processor running at 1.33 Ghz
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Flash Storage
- Intel HD graphics that Support 1080p
- USB 2.0 port, 2 micro USB ports (1 is used to power the device), Micro SD slot for expanding storage.
- Wireless N and Bluetooth 4.0 antennas.
- Smallest Windows device that Quantum Suppliers has ever had.
Based on these specs the device is nearly identical to the Intel compute stick except for 3 major changes. First being the external wifi antenna which produces much great wireless range, however I still prefer to use a USB to LAN adapter to get full internet speeds and not have to worry about any wireless drop outs or performance issues. Second, it features a fanless design. The Intel compute stick has a noisy fan that produces a high pitched squeal that can be heard if you are close to the device. Having a fanless compute stick means this device can fit in more spaces as airflow is not an issue. Lastly The overall design of the case is different. This device is more rigid compared to Intel’s smooth glossy finish.
- Full copy of Windows 8.1 and qualifies for a FREE upgrade to Windows 10.
- Great Wi-Fi Reception with the built in external antenna.
- Fanless design so you do not have to worry about any high pitch noises that hinder other compute sticks.
- 32GB onboard storage.
- USB 2.0 port as well as an extra micro USB port.
- Priced better than Intel’s compute stick with more features.
- New compute sticks with Core M processors are right around the corner.
- Windows 10 will be released very soon so you will have to update.
This is a must have if you are in the market for a compute stick right now. The fanless design, external Wi-Fi antenna, and a price point cheaper that the Intel Compute Stick, make this a great choice for now. However, if you can wait a few months or so there will be new models out that feature the Intel Core M processor. These will most likely be released at the same time as Windows 10 or soon after. We have not heard anything official yet from Intel on the Core M processors that will be featured in their next generation of compute sticks, but when those are released they will be able to handle just about anything you throw at it.
Right now I would highly recommend you check out the best price on the Quantum Access Compute Stick at Amazon
Incoming search terms:
- Azulle Quantum Access Mini PC Stick (Windows 10 Intel Atom Z3735F 2GB RAM 32GB storage)
- quantum access restore