This intricate keyboard from Logitech allows you the flexibility of moving around your living room. You can navigate your PC or Compute Stick right from the sofa. Based on my Logitech TK820 Review I found that the TK820 is one of the innovative models that combines a QWERTY keyboard with an all-in-one touchpad, which replaces the traditional numeric keypad. You can do all the standard keyboard functions and also control multimedia playback.
What I like best about this all in one keyboard is that it has a clickable touch pad; you do not have to deal with balancing a wireless mouse anymore because the keyboard has it all.
The keyboard is standard shaped, although it does not have a number pad. It has 12 shortcut keys, and it has a volume control feature. It has a wireless connection that uses 4 AA batteries. The keyboard connects to the PC or compute stick via a USB receiver that you can plug in once to your compute stick, PC, or laptop. The touch pad measures 4.17 inches, and it is large enough to allow easy navigation. You can operate the keyboard up to 33 feet away using the 2.4 GHz wireless signal.
On Logitech’s good better best guide, they rank the All-in-One Keyboard TK820 as the best.
The TK820 keyboard design works efficiently with Windows 8 and should be compatible with Windows 10 as well even though they have not updated their documentation yet. Nonetheless, the keyboard also supports Windows 7. You need the Logitech SetPoint software in order to access the gestures and commands. In addition, the software allows you to customize the settings of both the keyboard and the touchpad.
- Perfect HTPC keyboard. If you have a compute stick in your living room and looking for an easy way to control it, this is your device
- The Logitech Wireless All-In-One Keyboard TK820 allows user flexibility. You can work at your convenience in your office or while sitting on your couch.
- It supports Windows gestures and commands, and this improves the user experience. The touch pad operates well and executes the right commands and gestures.
- I love that it is a slim keyboard has a sleek design.
- Keyboard is not backlit. This would be very helpful especially when you are using it in the dark on your couch.
- The batteries only last about 1-2 months.
- Nonetheless, the wireless keyboard has several setbacks despite the glowing reviews. The touch pad is not user-friendly because it does not have discrete right and left buttons. Certain motions like clicking and dragging are challenging to the first time user.
Ultimately, the Logitech Wireless All-In-One Keyboard TK820 enhances the user experience of the latest Windows versions. The wireless keyboard is perfect for your home theater, and the built-in touch pad is an added advantage. I would have to give this 4 out of 5 stars mainly for the fact that the touchpad is someone lacking. I really would of like to have dedicated left and right mouse buttons.