So windows 10 just came out today. I am guessing most of you want to upgrade to Windows 10 right away. Some of you may be wondering if Windows 1o is worth upgrading to and if there are any issues.
Usually when a new operating system is released it is best to wait a few weeks or even months before you upgrade. This is specifically true in the business setting. Some companies are still running old operating systems like Windows XP because their software, hardware, or peripherals are not compatible due to missing drivers and what not.
If you’re looking to upgrade your computer and not wait for your turn in line, just follow these steps:
1. Back up your data. J
2. Once you’re ready to upgrade, head to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool (32 or 64 bit).
3. Launch the Creation Tool when it finishes downloading.
4. Select the ‘Upgrade This PC’ option, click Next.
5. Let the Creation Tool run it’s course. It should do almost everything automatically from this point.
After a few minutes, your computer will reboot and run the upgrade. When if finishes, you should now have Windows 10 installed and fully activated.
Personally I have not updated my Intel Compute Stick to Windows 10 yet. I will give it a go later tonight or tomorrow to demonstrate the process for you guys. I will document my findings here and may even record a video to show you the process of upgrading your compute stick to Windows 10. Stay Tuned…
Incoming search terms:
- bricked windows 10 pc stick