The Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room Wireless Keyboard and Touchpad for Internet-Connected TVs is bringing convenience and entertainment into one device. Regardless of whether you are building the ultimate playlist in Pandora, browsing movies in Netflix, or checking out the latest news in CNN’s online portal, the illuminated keyboard by Logitech may be just the thing that you are looking for.
Among the features that you can expect from Logitech’s portable keyboard include a built-in touchpad, convenient charging through USB port, keys that are auto illuminated, compact design that fits hands well, and wireless connection that can range up to 10 meters.
Pros of Logitech K830:
- What are the benefits of using Logitech K830? For starters, the keyboard can be used even when the room is dimmed as it has a built-in illumination that can detect the quality of light in the area to lessen or heighten keyboard illumination as needed so you can type away easily or navigate the on-screen interface while sitting down or while you are in bed.
- Another advantage of the Logitech K830 that I love is the easy navigation thanks to keyboard and mouse all rolled into one. Using two separate devices such as mouse and keyboard to control the interface of your compute stick or supported internet-connected TV can be awkward but not when you use Logitech’s K830 wireless keyboard.
- This keyboard is super easy to recharge and having a built in battery. On a full charge it can last up to 10 days of use. It takes about only 3 hours to fully charge it but I usually just dock it to the charger when not in use so that I never have to worry about a dead battery. Sometimes I forget but like I said before this wireless keyboard has excellent battery life.
Cons of Logitech Illuminated Keyboard:
- One of the drawbacks to the Logitech K830 is that it feels like a cheaply made keyboard with its keys feeling too plasticy when they are hit.
- Another downside to owning this Logitech illuminated keyboard is that this model only supports 2.4ghz USB wireless. It would be nice if they had a similar model that was Bluetooth 4.0 so that you could save your USB slots. It does however work up to 33 feet away.
- There is no tilt adjustment or feet for people use like to use this as a desktop keyboard. This means that the keyboard will just lie there flat on its back. This can be uncomfortable for those who are used to typing with their keyboard tilted.
- Also some users are not exactly happy with the layout of the touchpad particularly by those who are touch typists, which can be a big issue for them.
The Logitech K830 Illuminated Keyboard with Touchpad for Internet-connected TVs is friendly enough to use for navigating a TV user interface but there may be issues with regards to the design and comfort of the keyboard such as the no tilt feature, plastic feel to the keys, not to mention a bit of jitter when hovering on the edge of the touchpad. Overall, the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard gets 4 out of 5 stars and is great for the couch surfer and cable cutter.
==>Click here to find the best price on the Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Wireless Keyboard K830 and Touchpad for Internet-Connected TVs (920-006081)